Enabling or disabling the screen lock in Windows 10 is a much easier task that anyone can accomplish. And here, we have explained the methods to disable it. The entire procedure of disabling the screen lock in Windows 10 is straightforward and will not take much time. It includes some simple steps to follow. So, now, let’s see what steps are included in the methods. Take a look below:
Follow the steps mentioned below to complete the procedure of disabling screen lock in Windows 10:
- Firstly, you need to search for “Regedit” on your computer. And to do that, you have to open the registry editor and in the search box type “Regedit” and hit the enter key.
- And now go through the following path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\”
Next, you need to double click on the path to expanding “Software.”
- Similarly, expand “Policies” by double-clicking.
- And no
- w expand “Microsoft” by double-clicking.
- After this, right-click on the “Windows.”Select “New,” and after that, click on “Key.”
- Now, assign a name to the New Key that you have created. Name it as “Personalisation.” And press the enter key.
- After reaching the “Personalisation” folder, now, you have to right-click in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
- Click on the option of “New” and then click on “DWORD (32-bit value)”. After this, a new pop-up item will appear on the right pane of the Registry Editor. Give it a new name like “NoLockScreen” and press the enter key.
- And lastly, double-click on the created “NoLock Screen” to open the value data. After opening the Value Data screen, change the value, and set it as one and finally complete the process by clicking on “Ok.”
- Exit the existing window and restart your computer system. And now, you won’t have to face that login screen. You will reach the main desktop screen.
So, this is how you can disable the screen lock on Windows 10. Try these steps, and if you face any problems, please do let us know. And for more details like this, stay with us and follow our website.
Ela Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. she writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.